Ten New Product Manager Tips
Welcome to product management! Over the the better part of three months, Adrienne Tan at brainmates, product management people, put together a series of posts with ten tips for new product managers.
- Speak to People and Listen to What They Say
- Use Your New Product
- Review Your Key Performance Indicators
- Understand What Your Market is Saying About Your Product
- Locate and Review All Documentation About Your Product
- Be the Best
- Review Your Predecessor’s Task List
- Plan to Update Your Skills
- Enjoy Yourself
- Take Steps to Be a New Product Manager Again
As I start my new position, I think I am touching upon most of these. I have the great benefit that my predecessor is still with the company and is happy to do as much of a brain dump as possible. We also have a bunch of customers coming in for usability testing (!), which will give me the opportunity to interact with them.
Previous entry: Global MAKE 2007
Next entry: What is your goal in life?