Blogging for keeping track of stuff
My friend, Lilia Efimova is wrapping up her PhD thesis work on the subject of blogging and has a nice summary of a number of Reasons for using weblog to keep information bits. I see these as all elements of personal knowledge management where weblogs provide lots of assistance.
- Portability / Number of access points.
- Preservation of information in its current state / Currency of information.
- Context (remembering why it was saved) / Reminding.
- Ease of integration into existing structures.
- Communication and information sharing.
- Ease of maintenance.
Do you find it interesting that Communication and Information Sharing is in that list? I am convinced that a major element of "personal knowledge management" and personal effectiveness in general is the ability to exchange information and ideas with others.
Previous entry: Don't confuse technology with a solution
Next entry: Welcome to TOC.tv